Tuesday 7 December 2021

Easy to grow:kale

 WHEN TO PLANT


I always sow my seeds in pots as early in the season a possible. The reason is that I do not take up my land  with seeds and by planting larger stronger plants, I can harvest earlier.


Kale flourishes in cooler temperatures and does well in halfway shade and cloudy environments.


THE SOIL


I find that kale grows in almost any type of soil however do remember that kale is a hungry plant.

I feed mine twice in the life of the plant. I use compost and chicken dried pellets.


 



WATERING


Water your developing kale all through growing season; water sparingly in the autumn until frost.


Do not grow kale in the same ground for three years.


I harvest as soon as the leaves are big enough to do something with.


The only pest that trouble mine are pigeons and so I spread nets over them.





No comments:

Post a Comment