Sunday 29 December 2013

Planning your new year.


The New Year is very nearly upon us and it is time to plan for it. Think about what you want  to grow and what you grew last season.

I always try not to get too bogged down in to much “high tech”.I grow what I like to eat and what  and what I know grows on my plot.

The main thing is not to be in too much of a hurry to do anything. I always look to nature to see what is going on:

     Is the grass growing?
     
      Are there buds on the trees or in the hedge rows?

If the answer is no not yet; then it is too early to do anything in the garden.

I am still gathering winter greens and trying to keep my plot as clean as possible.

However, right now I have ten inches of flood water over all plot, but not over my beds because last year I spend a lot of time raising up my beds. They are a good eight above the flood. A good reason, to have riased beds in the frist place.

No comments:

Post a Comment