Saturday 10 July 2021

Use of cardboard in your garden:

 Use of cardboard in your garden:


Because of Covid-19 there is a huge amount of cardboard about and the question is....what can you do with it?


 

There are, in the main, three main types of cardboard



Corrugated, which is the main type.



Flat Cardboard which is used for shoe boxes, cereal boxes and the like .


Wax coated cardboard, which is the strongest type and hardest to break down. I use this type as pots for growing flowers but never put it in my compost because it has some form of plastic coating. I find that they will last a year as pots.


 The first two types, I tear up and put it in my compost in between the green stuff.


I turn my compost every four to six weeks and find that it breaks down over a year in the main.


No comments:

Post a Comment